Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crazy Week Behind Me With Adventures Ahead Of Me

So it's been a week since I last posted.  I've been a bad, bad blogger; I know.

It's been a crazy week in terms of work, and I've had time for little else.  Now I am caught up with my work,  volunteer work and my e-mail, so I am free to write in my blog and work on my book.  (insert deep sigh of relief)

So I have some exciting news; I'll be heading out to Ireland soon and will be seeing in person many of the places I have written about.  Once I'm there I will be sending pictures of the places in the book and blogging about them as they really are.  I'm also bringing my computer in tow to update my book the same night as I see the places to give as much accuracy as possible into the descriptions.

I can't even express how incredibly excited I am.  I've never been to Ireland and it's a place I've always dreamed of seeing.  From a more objective standpoint, I'm also really curious to see how much these places match how I've envisioned them.

If anyone has recommendations on a sacred/interesting/fae place to see, I'd love to hear them!  These are the places I'm going to which are also currently mentioned in my book:

Hill of Tara
Newgrange
Knowth
Jameson Distillery
Trinity College/Book of Kells
National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
The Secret Book and Record Store
Dublin Castle

I'm sure more will be added - or at least incorporated in the next 2 books.  That's right, The Children is actually the first of a trilogy.  (The number three is a sacred number in Celtic cultures and it works well for this story).

Update you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment