Saturday, July 3, 2010

Two Nights in Dublin Makes a Hard Woman Humble

I've been here two days, and my world has changed - not to mention my book.  I'm mentally and physically exhausted yet exhilarated.  Here are the major changes:

  1. Better understanding of the oral tradition and storytelling
  2. Better understanding of beliefs in the fae
  3. Seeing the layout of Dublin and how the areas interconnect
  4. Connecting with ancient sites I have been researching for years but had not been able to see
  5. Being part of a tour group and the realities of trekking a crew of people through these ancient sites
  6. Connecting personally with a culture from where some of my ancestors came
It's after midnight here, and I have no ability to properly express everything I am thinking and feeling.  So I will share a key picture or two and then sign off until tomorrow.

From inside Fourknocks


The Stone of Destiny, where this High Kings of Ireland gained their king-hood.  A pivotal place in my book.


Fabulous tree from the churchyard outside of the Hill of Tara.  This is where I gained a deeper understanding on the belief in the fae

No comments:

Post a Comment