Sunday, June 20, 2010

Twas The Night Before Midsummer

Twas the night before midsummer
and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring,
not even my spouse.

I had gotten caught up
in the bustle of life,
and I had not prepared,
for the day of most light.

I did not let go
of my daily travail,
but the shock of the date
had let balance prevail.

It made me just stop,
and then take up stock,
of the way I was going
and why I felt blocked.

I had gotten so focused
on the musts and the don'ts
that I had forgot my passion
the and joy I had known.

From writing and researching
my joy had once come,
and from playing with my website
and connecting to some.

I've been going back to basics
but now I see clear,
that those musts and those don'ts
were not really here.

It's what I have been doing
for all these years hence,
but my mindset had changed,
making the pressure immense.

So for tomorrow for solstice,
my plan is quite clear:
live my life as I want,
without focus on fear.

And I plan to enjoy
the longest day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment