Sunday, October 4, 2009

Still Pushing Through

I never expected to be struggling so much through these final stages. I need to get my revision finished this weekend, because I have someone lined up to copyedit starting next weekend. There is no way I will get writing done during the work week.

The goal for this work is to be able to start querying agents in January.

I am still working through the notes of the last round of edits/recommendations. She gave really great feedback, and this has been immensely helpful. It is really interesting to see how another person interprets the clues and foreshadowing I include throughout the book. This was exactly what I needed to see! She has also been really great in identifying scene or characters I need to flesh out to make it more satisfying to the reader.

On a side note, did you hear about the sister site near Stonehenge which has been discovered? The new nickname seems to be Bluehenge. I am trying to see if there is a way to appropriately include it in my book. I haven't gotten up to the Stonehenge and Woodhenge scenes yet, so I will probably see it this afternoon.

Here is a link if you want to read about this discovery: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1217752/Henge-stones-Unearthed-site-monuments-little-sister.html

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you've set a goal of January. I live on goal dates, and they're the things that help me push through. Good luck with the editing and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete